Adam Briggs Senior Policy Fellow
Adam joined the Health Foundation in September 2018 as a public health registrar and is now a Senior Policy Fellow.
Alongside his role at the Health Foundation, Adam works as a Consultant in Public Health for three days a week in Oxfordshire, and is an Honorary Associate Clinical Professor at Warwick University. Since November he has been using some of his Health Foundation time to work as a Public Health Strategy Advisor to the Chief Medical Advisor at NHS Test and Trace.
Before joining the Health Foundation, he was a Harkness Fellow in Health Care Policy and Practice in the United States, based at The Dartmouth Institute. His research focused on how accountable care organisations and place-based health systems meet patients’ preventive care needs.
Adam studied medicine at Oxford and his DPhil is in Public Health Economics. As a public health specialty registrar and academic clinical fellow, he had various roles covering policy, practice, teaching, and research. In particular, he worked on modelling the health impact of public health policies, such as soft drink taxes.
For media enquiries please contact the media office.
- Briggs ADM, Fraze TK, Glick AL et al. How Do Accountable Care Organizations Deliver Preventive Care Services. A Mixed Methods Study. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2019;34(11):2451-2459
- Briggs ADM, Alderwick H, Fisher ES. Overcoming Challenges to US Payment Reform: Could a Place-Based Approach Help? Journal of the American Medical Association. 2018;319(15):1545-46
- Briggs ADM, Mytton OT, Kehlbacher A, et al. A health impact assessment of the UK soft drinks industry levy: a comparative risk assessment modelling study. The Lancet Public Health. 2017;2(1):e15-e22
- Briggs ADM, Wolstenholme J, Blakely T, Scarborough P. Choosing an epidemiological model structure for the economic evaluation of non-communicable disease public health interventions. Population Health Metrics. 2016;14:17
- Briggs ADM, Fisher PA, Cooper RF. (Eds) Practising Public Health: A guide to examinations and workplace application. CRC Press. 2015. ISBN: 9781482238655