Our annual report shares highlights from our work in 2018 and sets out our plans for 2019. It also contains our financial statements for 2018.
During 2018 we continued to be driven by our twin mission – to improve health and health care for people living in the UK. The success and significance of our work was reflected in the positive reception our analyses received throughout the year.
Key achievements for 2018 included:
- reflections on the NHS throughout its history, to mark the NHS's 70th birthday
- quantitative and qualitative analyses on a wide range of topics, to influence both policy and service delivery
- launch of The Health Improvement Studies (THIS) Institute
- continued growth of the 'Q' community
- expanding our research into and engagement on the social determinants of health.
We also continued to support the development of innovative solutions to challenges facing health and social care through our various funding programmes.
This annual report presents a selection of our activities and achievements during 2018.
Cite this publication
Health Foundation. '2018 annual report and financial statements'. Health Foundation; 2019 (https://www.health.org.uk/publications/2018-annual-report-and-financial-statements)