Our evidence to the Health and Social Care Select Committee’s inquiry on safety of maternity services in England.
Maternity safety in England has undergone a number of investigations following incidents at several NHS trusts across the country. Our evidence draws on learning and impact from projects funded by the Health Foundation on improving maternity safety in England and considers:
- shifting from a blame culture in the NHS to a supportive and reflective learning culture
- understanding how to successfully adopt and spread good practice across different contexts
- using digital technology to increase the accessibility and person-centredness of services and support pregnant women to stay safe during COVID-19
- developing inclusive and holistic practices to reduce health inequalities
- case studies detailing how changes can be made effectively across maternity services.