Developing a Community of Practice For Social Care Analytics Strengthening social care analytics during the pandemic and beyond
Future Care Capital is a charity dedicated to improving health and social care, with a focus on data, technology, scaling, innovation and investment.
In 2020, we teamed up with Future Care Capital to explore the key data challenges the social care sector is facing in the post-COVID-19 era. We organised a series of workshops bringing together people who use care services, carers, providers, technology developers, local authorities, researchers, and membership bodies for providers and for front-line staff.
Through this work, we have together identified the urgent need for more effective data and analytics in social care to:
- Improve the quality of social care, particularly for those experiencing poor outcomes
- Build a safe and resilient workforce
- Understand the lived experience of people needing social care.
We’re now funding Future Care Capital to develop a community of practice to address these challenges and strengthen social care data analytics.
Who is the community of practice for?
The community brings together data analysts, researchers, policymakers and other practitioners from across the private, public and charitable sector, as well as people with lived experience of social care, with the aim of sharing ideas, building links and exchanging good practice.
Why join the community of practice?
By joining the community, you will have the chance to:
- be part of a network with others working in the field,
- learn from other practitioners who face similar challenges in their day-to-day work,
- understand the needs of people with lived experience of social care and how these may be best reflected and captured through analytics,
- share experiences in an interactive online forum and at peer-led events, and contribute to improving data analytics in social care.